Thursday, July 19, 2007

Color Swap Survey

In order to help your partner learn more about you, please post this survey and your answers to your blog: (I know I'm a little late on this, but in my defense I just found it. Besides, it might help future swap partners.)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I do try to avoid yarns like Red Heart and other acrylic yarns but I have found that I do like Lion Brand's new cotton line for kid's projects. Other than than, I'm still exploring and experimenting with yarns for the most part. I have found that I enjoy working with natural fibers such as cotton and bamboo but I'm not beyond working with a little novelty yarn to add a little fun to a project.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I tried crocheting in college and it didn't go well. I haven't tried again since. I wish I would try spinning just once. But at the current moment, I don't have the time or space for it. For now, it's just knitting

3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like to read and I've made honest attempts at gardening. The herbs are the only plants I seem to do well with. There are of course other random around the house do-it-yourself things that I attempt here and there. I think crafty things in general can be fun. I've recently attempted to scrapbook, but I'm not sure that I'll get addicted to all that cutting and work.

4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't know if I have a favorite yarn, but right now I'm really enjoying tofutsies, Rowan 4-ply, and Yummy. I like yarns that are soft to the touch and feel just a little silky maybe in the hand. A good cozy feel is what I enjoy most.

5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
The acrylics tend to fray and get all yucky. I also don't like yarns like Crayon from Knit Picks where the strand is kind of bubbly and lumpy. I don't knit well with those yarns.

6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm at that age where a lot of my friends are having babies so I find myself working on a lot of baby items right now. But I'm also ready to make some stuff for myself too. My first two pairs of socks were dreadfully painful to get through, but a few more later and I think I've got a better handle on it and I'm ready to explore more. I'd also like to make a few things for around the house. Maybe try out a few felted items as well, possibly a bag or two.

7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don't know if I really have a favorite right now. I'm just really into trying new items.

8. What are you knitting right now?
Check out the list of links for current knitting projects on the side bar of my blog. Projects found on-line are linked there. Other projects might be mentioned in blogs themselves. Look for pictures.

9. Are you a sock knitter?
Refer to answer #6. But I'm really getting into it. With the right yarn (I'm still better with sport weight yarns and socks than with fingering weight) and a cool pattern, I'm all for it now.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate?
I'm totally a fall baby. I love pumpkin, however, looking around me I don't own a whole lot of it. I wear a lot of browns and naturals. Even the blues that I wear have a very earthy look to them. Every room in my house incorporates some sort of brown, from chocolate to creams. The living room works it in with a retro blue among the shades of brown, the bed room gives wine a relaxing look when paired with straw, chocolate, and cream. Even the dinning room takes the dark tones and brightens them up with some vibrant earthy yellow, blues, reds, and greens.

11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not at the moment, but maybe I'll look into making one.

12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Eating mushrooms and anything that lives underwater. No sea food platter for me.

13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions?
I grew up Catholic but have moved away from the church. So no.

14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love the scent of lavender when I'm using them in the bath or bed room. It's so relaxing and calming. I'm also a freak for rosemary (I know. Weird right?) but it's hard to come across rosemary scented items. I generally rely on the rosemary in my garden.

15. Do you burn candles?
We enjoy those baked goods types of candles. Yum!

16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth?
Generally I have a sweet tooth. But I've been trying to watch my weight and get into better shape, so those sweets have become sugar free. Dave is a salt person and I can be easily persuaded by pretzels.

17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa?
I love a good cup of tea at just about anytime during the day. It's can be such a great pick me up or settle me down depending on the tea.

18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am single at the moment, but have been living with my boyfriend for quite some time now. We have no pets.

19. What are some of your favorite things?
I love books, yarn, plants in my yard, clothes, shopping in general, eating lunch at a tasty outdoor bistro, and spending time with my family.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn and books mostly, children's books and adult books (see my list of favorites on the side bar of my blog)

21. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't know if I have a favorite holiday. But the only holiday that I decorate the house for is Christmas. But my favorite season is fall. I love to visit the farms and go pumpkin picking.

22. What is your birthday? (You don't have to tell the year)
October 17th

No comments: