1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm in love with Jitterbug but there are so many other great yarns out there and so many that I haven't tried and that I would love to try. I'm game for anything but the froo-froo fluffy acrylic stuff.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a cute corky vase that I keep my bamboo straights in and I recently purchased fabric fold-over thingies for my dpns and my Option Interchangables.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for about 4 or 5 years. I would say that I'm an intermediate knitter. I haven't really gotten into doing anything too challenging and advanced like. At least I don't think so. I'm not really into designing or anything and I haven't done very many garment items but I'm pretty confident that I can follow most patterns.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? My Amazon wish list
5. What's your favorite scent? At the moment it's honey or coconut. They feel like home to me and remind me of summertimes with my family as I was growing up.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do have a sweet tooth... try 32 of them! I love my sweets a little too much, especially of the baked goods variety.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make a meager attempt to garden with herbs and greenery in the yard. I also like to read in bed and on the side porch on summer mornings. I don't spin but I'm hoping to try my hand at dyeing this summer.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to a lot of county but have a mix of stations programed into my car stereo. My new phone (Sony Ericksonn Walkman) has the ability to play MP3s but I haven't figured it out yet.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love fall earthy colors - pumpkins, rusts, bronzes. In the summertime I'm also attracted to clear blues that remind me of the ocean and soft breezes.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been recently singled. My friend Sarah is moving in. We're not allowed to have pets here.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, not just for warmth but also as an accessory to my outfit. Hats don't usually do well with me - I have an oddly shaped head. Not so much of a mitten gal but fingerless mittens or gloves are pretty cool. Only have one poncho type item and I love it. This past winter I got into the stole idea, love that too.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Not really sure. But looking at my projects posted on Ravelry it would appear that I enjoy socks and bags.
13. What are you knitting right now? A pair of socks, a pair of felted slippers (because it would appear that everyone in my family now wants a pair), and hopefully finishing Wisp before my cousin's wedding.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes! Especially those that have been well made and have my interests in mind.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I usually use my Option Interchangables for most projects and metal dpns for socks. But I also have a collection of bamboo straights too.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Only about a year and a half old. I started a Lizzard Ridge blanket and got all the squares finished but never seamed it together. Maybe this summer.
18. What is your favorite holiday? How about a favorite season? I'm totally a fall baby. I'm in love with fall earthy colors. Every day of all feels like it's a special holiday especially for me. But favorite holiday to spend with family? No brainer, Christmas. Traditions, family, cold weather outside hot chocolate and goodies inside, sweaters and wool socks. Favorite time to have friends over? Summer BBQ. Nothing says summer fun like meat cooked over flames outside.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Books and tea
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Check out my wish list on Amazon. There are tons of great knit books there that I'm interested in. Most of the books that I already have are posted in my library on Ravelry but there are a few that aren't there to load up yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? This summer I would like to work on some lace projects.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love having a sock on the needles... or sometimes two. I wear a size 9 shoe. Foot measurements include (and please let me know if I’m missing any pertinent information here): Ankle circumference – 9 inches, foot circumference – 9 inches, Foot length – 10 inches. I don’t know if this matters or not, but I have very high arches.
23. When is your birthday? October 17th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes! knitknucklehead