Ok, SITMT secret upstream pal, here's a wealth of information about me for you to dive into. If there is anything else you are curious about I'm open for questioning. You may also want to check out this entry as well.
1. How long have you been knitting? Do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate, advanced? I've been knitting for about 4 years or so (I think). I would consider myself an intermediate knitter. I'm pretty good with the knitting part, it's the knitmath part I still don't like. I rely on Jamine as my sensay and mentor.
2. How long have you been knitting socks? I've completed 5 pairs of socks so far.
3. What are your favorite fibers to work with? I have some difficulty with the lace weight yarns and those size 0 or 1 needles. I prefer to knit my socks using a yarn that I can comfortably use a size 2 needle. There are so many great yarns out there that I don't know where to begin with that answer. I'm open to trying new yarns.
4. What is your favorite color? I'm very much a fall baby and love warm fall colors... pumpkins, rusts, fires, goldens, etc. But most other colors can get me going as well, especially greens and blues. Just not pinks and some yellows that aren't golden like. I tend to wear very earthy colors but I'm trying to branch out a little.
5. What are your current WIPs (works in progress)? At this very moment: felted bag, a pair of socks, fingerless gloves, and Mr. Greenjeans. But who knows what 5 minutes from now will bring. I tend to get a fever for a new project before finishing what I've got going.
6. Name your favorite yarns, (brand, fibers, colors, etc.). For socks, knit with Colinette's Jitterbug and SouthWest Trading Company's Tofutsies. I also have some Lorna's Laces and Claudia's Handpainted on hand to try out. I'd also like to play with some Panda Cotton and Wick. But I'm still kind of new to sock knitting and I know there are a lot more great sock yarns out there that I don't know yet. I've seen several handpainted yarns on other knit blogs that I adore and would love to play with, but there are too many to mention here.
7. What are some yarns/fibers that you stay away from. Acrylic and mohair
8. What is your family situation? (Married, kids, pets?) Honey and I aren't married, but we might as well be. We don't have not kids or pets. In fact Honey is allergic to cats.
9. Name some of your hobbies. Knitting of course, reading (there's a list of some of my favorite books on the side bar as well as a wish list for Amazon), eating, shopping, spending time with my family when I get the chance to go visit them, organizing things, and loafing around.
10. Name some of your favorite movies? I don't know if I have any absolute favorites. I generally like comedies and sappy love movies. I stay away from the horror flicks and scary movies in general - they give me nightmares. Check out this list of movies I've seen.
11. Do you like to read? Yes, generally fiction.
12. Do you collect anything? Yarn, books, beginning a mitten collection as Christmas decorations (I'll probably post on this after Turkey Day when I begin to decorate for Christmas), and beginning a collection of knitting bags.
13. Do you own an iPod or mp3 player? Honey has an mp3 player that he doesn't use now that his phone does that for him. It's on my to do list to make it mine.
14. What are your favorite type of knitting needles? I generally like my Options needles from Knit Picks but I also love the Addi Turbos. I've just recently purchased my first pair of sock circular needles (size 2, 3.00 mm) and we'll see how they go. Usually for socks I use Susan Bates dps.
15. What knitting notion could you not live without? Maybe my stitch/row counter. I have this one, but I've been eyeing up one of those pretty bracelettey ones for a little more style.
16. Who are some of your favorite designers? For socks? Like I said, I'm still kind of new to the whole sock knitting world, but I adore the Monkey socks by Cookie A. and my Tidal Wave Socks by Debi Lake. They both fit beautifully! I have recently purchased several sock pattern books (see list of books on side bar) but have yet to try any of them out yet.
17. Do you subscribe to any magazines? (Knitting or otherwise.) Currently, no.
18. When is your birthday? October 17
19. Do you have a "wishlist", (on Ravelry, Froogle, or Amazon)? My Amazon wish list is linked from the side bar. I didn't know Ravelry had a wish list to it. I'll have to look around some more.
20. Do you have a Ravelry ID? I'm over there as "Knitknucklehead" but I'm still kind of new there and don't have much organized yet. But feel free to check out what I do have done.
21. If you had a sheep, what would you name it? Jasmine, don't laugh, but I think I would call her Lulu.