Sunday, September 7, 2008

All Hallows Eve Dishcloth Exchange


Knotting Yarn

1. Do you knit or crochet? For how long?

I've been knitting for about 5 years or so, but I can't really count backwards in years at the moment.

2. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using the most? Are there some you've been dying to try out and haven't?

I love working with my Options needles. And I have one set of Addi Turbos size 7s that I love. I need to build upon my collection of those. For socks I use Susan Bates dpns. Mostly because they are cheap and I've bent and broken my bamboo ones.

3. What kind of projects do you most enjoy? Small things you can take with you, or big complex ones that are just gorgeous when they're done?

I usually always have a pair of socks somewhere ready to work on because they travel so easily. Recently I've gotten into doing cloths and I'm finding they are great for that immediate satisfaction that I sometimes need. I'm also a fan of the fingerless mitts thang. I'd love to really give lace a try and I thought I would over this past summer, but that never happened. I've completed one tank that I'm pretty proud of and I mostly finished a Mr. Greenjeans sweater. I loved working on it, wonder why I didn't finish? Maybe I should dig that back out again.

4. List one pattern for a dishcloth that you love to make, or just tell us about one you've made or received that you loved.

One of my new favorites is the Garter Stitch Lace Facecloth. But I'm also a fan of the basic Granny Cloth.

5. What are your 'must have' notions? Are there any notions you need or can never have enough of? Any that might make you cry if you owned more?

It would seem that I couldn't get enough of mini sized pens or pencils, highlighter tape, or stitch markers. I'm either using or losing them up.

Petting Yarn

6. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Any you hate or are allergic to?

I'm I being too like everyone else out there by saying that I love Malabrigo??? I also am finding that I'm drawn to Dream in Color and Jitterbug. But really I'm up for trying all sorts of new yarns out there. If you're on Ravelry, check me out and see what I have and don't have in my stash. If you can find something you think I'd like, I'm game!

7. What colors do you like to use in projects? Any we'd never catch on your needles?

My needles find all sorts of colors on them. Those who know me will tell you that I'm in love with fall colors. They are totally me. but for some reason, after looking through my stash I seem to have been attracted to blues more than anything, at least when buying yarn. But I really do love fall colors and I'm working on changing that in my stash line up.

8. Any cottons you'd like to try you can't find by you, or just haven't gotten around to getting?

I've seen other knitters do pretty cloths in Peaches and Cream but we don't have that around here. Other than that, I don't really know. I haven't shopped for cotton much.

Halloween, Fall, and General Stuff

9. Do you like to use bar soap or shower gel more? What kinds of scents do you love? What kind do you hate?

In the shower I mostly use a moisturizing body wash of some sort. I love the ones that smell like honey, coco butter, or patchouli. But I also like the exfoliating stuff too. At the sink we go back and forth from bars to liquids. I'm just not a fan of the really flowery stuff.

10. What's more 'Halloweeny' - Ghosts, Pumpkins, or Witches?

Being a fall baby and a lover of all things fall, pumpkins immediately come to mind. But if we're talking strictly 'Halloweeny' then I might say ghosts. I prefer them over the jack-o-lantern.

11. What's your favorite Treat to get? Sweet or Salty? Anything you're allergic to or just hate?

I'm usually a sweet kind of gal. I'm all over the baked goods scene and might be found o.d.ing on licorice or Midnight Milkyway. Unlucky for my waistline, I'm not allergic to any snack foods not have a found one that I really don't care for.

12. What was your favorite Halloween Costume as a kid? As an adult??

There was one year as a kid that my mom made me a butterfly costume because we knew it was going to be really cold that year and my winter coat was this bright shiny fuchsia color. We spent an afternoon coloring wings for me to wear. A few years ago I dressed up as Cleopatra (I also taught ancient civs and covered Ancient Egypt so there was no question on that one) and I dyed my hair black and painted great big black eyebrows on. It took forever for that stuff to come out, but the costume was great!

13. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?

Of course! Find me as Knitknucklehead.

14. Anything else you'd like to be sure your pal knows?

If there's anything that you wanna know, just ask. Who knows, I might just tell you.

No comments: