Excuses for why I gained two pounds this week at the weigh-in:
(Be fair warned. This is not a pretty list. But it is honest.)
1. I gave in and splurged all weekend to celebrate Mom's birthday.
(Not that I'm blaming Mom or anything. I take total responsibility for my eating behavior over the weekend.)
2. My knee is still swollen and stiff from the fall last Friday night, which makes exercise just about impossible. I was walking 3 1/2 miles every morning. This week I'm lucky that I'm walking through the halls of the schools.
3. Work has been busy busy busy. I've not had much energy left at the end of the day to do all the things I should be doing to stay healthy. Besides, I've worked hard all day, I deserve a big plate of pasta, and wings, and a 1/2 of a pizza.
4. No fresh groceries in the house. I haven't gone grocery shopping for about 3 weeks so there's not much in terms of appetizing healthy foods in the house.
5. No fresh groceries and no energy leads to a LOT of eating out and ordering in. BAD! BAD! BAD! Of course, I could have made better choices as to what I ordered, but.... (see any number of other excuses.)
6. This head cold is making everything taste bland and so I'm not getting satisfaction from eating, which makes me want to eat more to get the satisfaction - the never ending slide down hill.
7. However, I did find that sugary items still taste good when you're all stuffed up.
8. Giving in to the idea that since the week is already a bust, why not just go full force. (Yesterday morning I added a Boston Creame doughnut to breakfast and a cranberry orange muffin in the afternoon and then went for a delicious cheese burger late last night after the WW meeting.)
9. I've turned to Diet Coke all day, rather than water. The bubbles help disintegrate the phlegm in the back of my throat. But my lips are getting chapped from dehydration. I'm using way too much chap stick for this time of year.
10. Self full filling prophecy: Right now I feel like crap, so why not eat like crap.
Enough of the excuses!!!
This week I am pledging to get back on track and give back those 2 pounds that have found their way into my love handles. After work today, I'm heading out to the grocery store for a stock up of fresh fruits and veggies and I'm hoping to get in a little exercise starting tomorrow. (Give me a break. My knee is still swollen and stiff and I'm not so sure that I should be doing anything on it.) I should have some time this weekend to do some shorter bursts of exercise and maybe still take care of the knee. Actually, just cleaning up the house while jamming to some funky music might be a good idea. Maybe I'll even look into getting an appointment to have an actual doctor take a look at the knee to see how much damage was actually done. And finally, NO MORE DIET COKE! Only water and hot tea this week.
Wish me luck!