Tuesday, March 25, 2008

If you can't eat your cake...

then you might as well knit it!


Finally!
I started this little quick knit at the turn of the new year and it went pretty quickly. All up until it was time to finish the handles. I found that by not checking gauge and using a different yarn than the pattern called for, I was slightly short. This left me in a bit of a bind... what's a gal to do? That's right. It was nighty-night for this WIP. Today I felt like I needed to feel like I finished something, crossing something off my on-going to do list. So I decided screw it. Square Cake will have small handles. At least it's done. I'm actually quite pleased with the way it turned out and I really enjoyed working with the yarn (even if it is a form of acrylic) - very soft, thick, and sturdy. I love the way the pattern pops on this little beauty!

Stats:
Pattern: Square Cake
Yarn: Pure Gold DK in Garnet
Needles: Options size 5

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

How pretty! :-)

Virtuous said...

Looks great Wendy!
Bags or so your thing!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love it! The color's great, and I'm a HANDbag girl myself...

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

It looks really good! I'm loving it.