Friday, March 14, 2008

Letter to Grace.

Oh Grace!!! I can't believe it!!!
After a restless night last night where I think someone tried to come in through my front door after I went upstairs to bed, I was a little reluctant about coming home tonight. When I got there, there was an unexpected package waiting for me. I hesitated just a moment, remembering the sounds of the door jostling from the night before and wondering what my late night visitor might have left me. I didn't remember ordering anything on line and wasn't expecting any packages so I was a little confused. And then I opened it! WOW!!! I can't even begin to tell you the impact your loving gift made on my night! I started crying.. but for the first time in a long while the tears were good tears. I couldn't believe that someone who doesn't know me would do something so caring and wonderful for me. I absolutely love it! I'm thinking of sleeping with it tonight as a sort of cloak of comfort, or as my friend Ruth (who I immediately called) called it, my very own invisibility cloak, now nothing can hurt me. I like that thought.
I don't know how I can ever thank you enough.
Wendy

11 comments:

sophanne said...

knitter' that send presents to each other is what I love the best.

Anonymous said...

Oh wendy that's just lovely - I'm so glad she was able to brighten things a bit for you. How warm and loved you must feel : )

Virtuous said...

OMG!!! I would have been bawling!!

I luv your "Cloak of Comfort" and would have been sleeping in it too!!

You so deserve it!!!

Grace said...

as virtuous said you deserve it, I am so glad I could help you smile!!!

Grace said...

and yes its supposed to have those very long ends on it, you add extra stitches to acheive it so it gives you more of a winglike aspect!!

the materials are silk, mohair, and moonlightmohair!

Blanche Knits in DC said...

I can't wait to use it too!!! It was even more beautiful in person! :)

Bubblesknits said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! :-) It's gorgeous!

KSee said...

How pretty. What a great surprise and thoughtful gift to receive.

Sonya said...

How wonderful! I hope the warm hug you received will help you with the sleepless nights.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

So beautiful. So lovely. So deserving.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know how much Grace's shawl warms me, and never fails to make me smile all these months later, so enjoy my friend. You are loved, even if for many of us, it's from afar!