Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another read

The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle
Another wonderfully written story, but not for one with a faint stomach. Kittle brings her readers into the lives of a family of three who feel as if they've been falling apart ever since the father passed away two years ago. But then the stomach turning truth about a classmate and friend brings them into a reality they never expected and will potentially bring them together if they are able to put aside their own problems, insecurities, and issues and bring this tormented child into their home. The well written lines bring the reader into the hearts and minds of each of the characters and will bring them closer to an unimaginably horrible situation.

I thought I would also share with you my 'stash' of to-read books. And there are still a few more on the way. I had a little bit of an on-line shopping therapy session yesterday. Don't worry, it wasn't all for books. There were knitting books and yarn involved as well. Speaking of knitting books, here are some of my recent additions to my knitting library. I guess I'm going to have to find some motivation and time to get reading. It would appear that my book queue is growing just as fast as my knitting project queue!

No comments: