Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another knit down X 3

A whiles back I received a skein of Lornas Laces Shepards Worsted in Childsplay in the mail. At the time, while I thought the colors were pretty, they weren't really me. Too pastel. I wasn't sure what would ever come of it. Inspiration hit this past weekend. While stash diving looking for the perfect yarn for a hat for the 'ole college roomie's little one, I found it peaking out at me, whispering little pick me, pick mes in a sing-song voice. How could I resist? So off to Ravelry to find the pattern that would make it happiest and I came across Boy's Gone Loopy and cast on. Being that the little one is 2, I originally cast on for the toddler size and was hoping that maybe there would be enough yarn left over to knit a matching pair of mittens. But when the hat was complete, I was a little worried that it might be a little small for a toddler. I've got gauge, and I'm not really all that great at judging little one's heads but I figured I didn't want to risk it. But the hat was too cute to turn back. A change in plans was in order. My neighbor (the one spying on the the thief) is having twins in February and how cute would a matching set of these be? So a second hat emerged. I was shocked and delighted to see that the skein just didn't seem to end. It would appear that I could get yet another hat out of it. For the third one, I cast on for the pre-school age size to be sure that it would be big enough for the original intended recipient. I am thrilled with how they turned out! And what a bargain!!! Three hats for the price of one skein! And that skein was a gift to boot! These little girls are going to be so adorable this winter. day 11: check

5 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those are super cute!! Love Lorna's Laces!

SissySees said...

Darling! I might have to use that pattern for a couple of baby hats I need to whip out...

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

KSee said...

How cute and to get three caps-- way to go.

Rena said...

Cute, cute hats!