Monday, April 13, 2009

In the 'hood

A whole month away from blogging so I'm not sure if I really deserve this as a blog award but since (not so) Cynical Knitter was so thoughtful to think of me when handing out her awards and we do seem to share that 'Burgh sisterly thing, I figured it's only fair to go ahead and play along.

The rules of this award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!

And so I pass along the 'jeans' to my fellow sisters who have played a role in my sisterhood circle:
Ruth, A.K.A. Scoop Murphy and fellow 'Burgh sister in crime
Jaz, my knitting sen say and sister that I really should find more time to spend with
Chan the sister from afar who knows just what my heart needs to keep moving forward

Stacey my sister from the south who keeps me looking on the brighter side of life

Katie the sister I swear I was separated at birth from and reunited through SP12, where would we be without knitting swaps?!?!?

Irishgirlknits, my enabling sister

Holly Jo who I would gladly be her sister just so I could be the aunt who spoils those adorable boys of hers

Ashley my household sister

and a shout out to my S.H.E (Sisterhood of the Epicurious) group of gals that meets each week for dinner and sisterhood support

And to all knitting sisters out there, grab yourself a button, a nice bottle of wine, a chick flick and a few close galpals and settle in for some enjoyable sisterhood time.


On another note, a little ways back I entered into a blog contest that required knitting a pair of fingerless mitts and posting about them. Since I was in the midst of knitting a pair at the time I quickly finished and entered. Low and behold I won. Jessi from Alabama Fiber Dreams was in charge of sending along my prize. I had totally forgot all about it and when I came home from visiting sick family members all week, there it was waiting for me. I never realized Jessi's yarn was so wonderful!!! I can't even begin to explain how squishy and soft and bouncy like this yarn is. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it! It's a merino/bamboo blend and I'm in love! Jessi, are you still dying these up and selling them??? Why hadn't I discovered these before??? How could I have been in the dark about this yarn??? Look at it there just begging to be squeezed and cuddled again.

And as if that wasn't enough, included were these lovely stitch markers! They out rank all other markers in my collection to date. That gal is one talented lady, I tell you. Here I was excited about completing another pair of fingerless mitts and getting to see what others were producing, I never thought I would end up with treasures such as these! What a lucky gal am I!

5 comments:

SissySees said...

Aren't you kind?! We need to get together again... it's been too long.

LOVE Jessi's yarn and stitch markers. Might have to request a pair of earrings like those markers she sent you.

km said...

Super wonderful prize. Glad that Jessie send you such a blessing in the mail.

Lisa said...

The yarn and the stitch markers are beautiful!

Virtuous said...

Gurl you deserve it all!!! The award and contest gift!

Thank you for being so kind! @ award You are so sweet!
And I am sure you are on count down for school!!

Take all the time you need off and keep on knitting in the meantime!LOL

IrishGirlieKnits said...

A well deserved reward for you!! Thank you for sharing!! Although I know not of this enabling that you speak of?! hehehehe

What a fabulous prize!! Love the yarn and the stitch markers!!