Sunday, February 8, 2009

Coming back into view...

This past week has been pure black and gold bliss.... but I promised I would only celebrate for only a week and then I would move on to the rest of my life again. That sort of includes getting back into a regular blogging habit again. Especially since during this past week, two very awesome blogging friends have nominated me for two blogging awards. And in fear that their wonderful words of wisdom and countless readers might find their way over to here, I figured I might just need to get my butt in gear and report out what's been going on over here at Chez Wendae.

First up keeps me in the mind of my true black and gold heart, a special award from Miss Gracie donning her black and gold like a steel queen. (Not-so) Cynical Knitting Gal has given out these awards as a support to blogging and friendship. Check out her site for a big list of fellow bloggers who also received this thoughtful award. You can also get information as to where you can get your hands on the pattern for your very own Go Steelers! Lace Scarf designed by Cynical Knitter herself.

The other award I received this week came from my buddy Chan. I'm a little behind on this one, so if you're checking out her blog for it, you'll have to scroll down a little.
The official rules include:
1. Copy the award to your site - 2. Link to the person from whom you received the award - 3. Nominate 7 other bloggers - 4. Link to those on your blog - 5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.
I'm so honored that Chan thought of me when she nominated her bloggers. But I guess this means that I'll have to actually shout out about what I've been working on lately!
For the moment, here are my 7 nominations (btw, many of the blogs I read have already received this award or are in process of posting about it, but hopefully I can not only pay homage to a few of the greats that I read, but all call attention to some talent that you may not have been introduced to yet.
)
1. Let's first pay homage back to Chan herself for being an inspiration in several knitting projects. Her warm personality comes out in her blog just as much as it does in person. I'm so glad that we've had the chance to meet and share ideas as well as a warm shoulder to cry on.
2. Cynical Knitter should really be included in this listing. If not for being yet another member of the Steeler Nation, she's very creative in her design.
3. Artsy Math Teacher is a delightful woman I met in a swap a little whiles back. I've enjoyed watching her young crew grow up to be not so young anymore. I'm always amazed at what that woman can do living all the way out there in what appears (to a DC Metro girl) the middle of nowhere!
4. Java Gibber is another talented knitter that I enjoy popping in on. Click on over and scroll down to check out the sweet tooth her knitting has gotten her into! Talk about having your cake and knitting it too!
5. Anne. What can I say? How can I not pay tribute to a wonderful woman, talented knitter, excellent swap partner and author of Sunday Bloglines, introducing us to fabulously crafty knitters all over.
6. Little Loe's Knits & Nags has a mister over there that knits! Yes, ladies, you heard me right. Her man is now knitting along side her. Oh, the day dreaming and heart pitter-pattering... one day, one day.
7. Miss T's Mystery House Of Yarn & Horrors is great inspiration for both knitting and cooking. Check out how she and her knitting friends gathered for their 'SuperBowl'.
8. Reckless Glue knows that I adore her. She's completely charming in her retro throwback style and her knitting is always quite stellar.
9. Res Ipsa Knit With Her is another fabulous blogging creative gal that I had the pleasure of meeting through the SP12 I think. When I visit her blog I am always amazed by the creativity of her knits and the photos she takes. You can tell she really puts a lot of love into her projects!
10. One More Row. How often do you hear yourself saying that? If only my one more rows resulted in such beautiful pieces. And who wouldn't love knitting for those lovely little faces?
Well, that's 10 (even though some may be repeats from other nominations out there) and I know there are SO many more out there that I adore, but I hope that anyone who stops by here will take a few extra minutes to click on over and give all little wave and hello to these wonderfully talented and Kreativ bloggers!
I promise to post something soon to prove that I really am somewhat creative and have been knitting.

5 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Aww, thanks. I appreciate the award very much. I also have appreciated our connection albeit "virtual." :)

SissySees said...

I thought of you AND (Not-So)Cynical Gal last night when a little boy and his dad walked past us and the dad was saying, "...tell them you're a proud part of the Steeler Nation!"

And me, sitting there with the Knight, which means I had no one to share it with...

emicat said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me for an award! :)

I'll have to make a post soon to pay it forward!

Thank you so much again!

Littlelou said...

Thanks ever so much for my Kreative Blogger award..im thrilled. Will post it on my blog soon xxx

Ruth Brannigan said...

What the hell gives? One week of Superbowl celebrating? I am still waist high in black and gold fever.
I love it, love it, love it.
It makes me homesick...but then the reality sets in and I'm just happy wearing black n' gold and wondering if anyone still calls anyone a jagoff in earnest.
Your friend from Sixburg,
Ruti