Someone emailed this to me as we prepare to dismiss for winter break. To all teachers out there, especially those knitting friends I've met through blogging.... enjoy the time off!
You know you are really a teacher if...
1. You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to
the child out of line.
2. You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
3. You walk into a store and hear the words "It's Ms/Mr. _________" and
know you have been spotted.
4. You have 25 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or
5. You can eat a multi-course meal in under twenty-five minutes.
6. You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of
the day: lunch and prep period.
7. You start saving other people's trash, because most likely, you can use
that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
8. You believe the teachers' lounge should be equipped with a margarita
9. You want to slap the next person who says "Must be nice to work 8 to 4
and have summers off."
10. You believe chocolate is a food group.
11. You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
12. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says boy,
the kids sure are mellow today."
13. You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their
behaviour when you are out in public.
14. You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
15. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
16. You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
17. You can't pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five
18. You ask your friends if the left hand turn he just made was a "good
choice or a bad choice."
19. You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
20. You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer and finally,
21. You understand instantaneously why a child behaves a certain way after
meeting his or her parents.