Sunday, July 6, 2008

KCiSDE packages

Yesterday I received a wonderful package from my Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange pal, Darcy! She was very thorough to include so many things that I would like. When I opened the package, this is what I saw:









Everything was wrapped up in these summery bags (which I've saved for future use!). I had to wait a few moments to open everything because Sarah is so excited about her new camera that she insisted on taking several pictures of everything. (Please go to her blog and rave about what wonderful photos she's now taking. Maybe it'll urge her to blog more often. ha!)

First up is the yarn goodies! I don't think kitchen cotton has ever looked so beautiful than in this picture. Do you? And the multiples of cloths that Darcy knit were perfect! At the moment I'm not using knitted cloths in the kitchen but I said that I would love some for the bath. Darcy made two washcloth sized ones for in the shower and three coordinating smaller face scrubs for the sink. They are adorable!!! And the exfoliating soap smells divine. I wish the blogs came with smell-o-vision!



Then there were other goodies. Tons of stuff for relaxing in the bath. There's Awake body wash from B&B Works and some Coconut lotion from there too. A very Feng Shui candle that is already sitting on the stand next to my bed. Another scrubby for the shower and some bath cubes and a tea that I haven't tried yet. Planning on a little of that tomorrow morning with breakfast! And then there was this adorable bee bag that I'm just SO in love with! Inside was packed with more yummies for the tubby. But I think the bag is my favorite item! I'm totally diggin' it!
There was also three great patterns for more bath items and three recipes for summer refreshments. Thanks Darcy for such an awesome package!
My downstream partner, Alana, also received her package and you can check out her goodies here. While you're there, send Alana some good vibes, I'm sure she'd appreciate them.
On my own knitting front, I've finished the Spring Forward socks but they need some blocking to really bring out the beauty of the pattern so you'll all have to wait for photos and details on them. and tonight I've cast on for the Aquaphobia socks in a wild colorway that I received in a contest package. I'll post progress pics of those too, once there's enough to really see the pattern.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Oh, you had two great pals! I'm glad Darcy spoiled you well.

gypsyknits said...

Ohhh.....the goodies are very very nice. Enjoy!