Saturday, September 27, 2008

promises, promises

OK. So I blew one of my promises. Get over it. I did. I don't really want to talk politics, but those of you who know me would be proud to know that I actually went to a debate party and didn't get home until really late. And today has been a day filled with yarn shopping and coughing up lung parts. I guess instead of leaving those bread crumbs along the blog path... OK, I won't go there. But I do have some good stuff to share.

My SP12 pal was good to me. She revealed herself to me with her final package that arrived on Thursday. Everything was wrapped so pretty but I couldn't find my camera before opening it all. I just wasn't patient enough for that. But I did take the time to look for it afterwards so that I could share my spoils with all of you.

There was a beautiful card with a lovely message inside from Allison and after visiting her blog, I have to wonder if she took this picture herself. It's so pretty that I might just frame it. The other photos on her blog are just as beautiful so if you have a moment to drop on over and check them out and leave her a little hello, I'm sure that would make her happy.

One of my favorite items in the package was this bag. Chan, it's got all the right pockets in all the right places. I've already decided that it has become my current go everywhere knitting bag.

These three cuties were also included and the first two have made their way into my desk at work to help bring a smile if a grooling day should cross my path. The pink kitty thing is a stapler of sorts. Two kids were in my room the other day and were fascinated with it! And I adore the monkey tape measure! I recently purchased a robe from Targeet with a sock monkey on the pocket (a photo saved for a future post through Socktober Fest) so I giggled like an 8 year old when I saw it. I keep showing all my knitting friends this weekend and now they want one too

And of course there was yarn. You can't forget the yarn.


Allison knew that I wanted to try my hand at some lace so she sent along some Silky Alpaca Lace by Classic Elite in a warm fall purple. She even made a few suggestions on patterns and I'm thinking of trying my hand at this one - Lacy Scarf Sampler. So maybe in the middle of all my started Christmas knitting I'll be crossing my fingers to actually work on this. But then again crossed fingers might prove to get in the way. But Allison was really a swapper after my own heart when she included some Dream in Color Smooshie in Chinatown Apple. This photo washes out the colorway a bit (damn crappy weather is effecting more than just my lungs). These will make lovely autumn socks.

And speaking of socks, I will leave you with a beginning of one of the other promises that I made, to show of my Sketchers. I'm planning to wear the every Friday during Socktober Fest to celebrate the hand knitted sock.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad that you like everything! It was great fun being your spoiler for SP12. I did in fact take that picture so it means a lot to me that you really like it. I also love your socks that are peaking through those "oh so cool" sketchers! Have a great Sunday.

SissySees said...

What a great package! Hope you're feeling better now. I wore my "matching" shoes last Monday, and they were pretty comfortable.

Gina said...

I have always wanted one of those punch-paper "stapler" thingies! Does it work well?