Tuesday, October 14, 2008

mail call - AHEDE

You just gotta love the friends that you make through swaps! I was first introduced to Anne in a swap a while back, maybe a year ago or so, and I've been following her blog ever since. And now, this round of the dishcloth exchange I was lucky enough to be her downstream pal. Not only do I enjoy reading her blog, but now I can say that I've truly enjoyed being spoiled by her as well. And boy was I spoiled! First up is this luscious yarn. It's Cotton Twist from Berroco and has such a lovely sheen to it. I've never knit with it before so I'll have to find something really special for these three skeins.
And there there were goodies to eat! And boy were were they goodies! Those peeps barely made it through all the unpacking and photo shooting. And that Reeses is at the moment being savored to the fullest extent. You don't even know how long it's been since I've had one of those! OMG!!!
Anne didn't stop at treating just my needles and my tastebuds, she also threw in a few items to treat my feet (go Socktober Fest!!!) and my nose (good thing too since it looks like it's going to be a long sickly season for me).
These fun items will be dancing in the kitchen soon enough. And a good thing too. Anne, how did you know that I don't really own any pot holders and with the new dinning room table I'm afraid to put hot items on it so I've been wanting to get some?
And for more pampering lovelies, Anne included these. But what's in the knitted wrapped package you ask?
Ta-da!
This pumpkin dish will be out this weekend when we host Iron Chef Arlington, Battle Pumpkin. And again, a cotton yarn I have yet to try. If only these computer thingies came with feel-o-vision then you could feel how soft and lovely it is. I'm already thinking I'm going to save this little lovely for when I'm really stressed. I'm sure it will do wonders for me. Once again, Anne, you're the best! Thanks for everything!

4 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Lucky gal! Anne really did right by you.

SissySees said...

What a great box full of autumn! I really wish I could make it up for Battle Pumpkin, but I think Mark has "friend for Sissy" hunting on his mind...

Grace said...

wonderful box of goodies, Anne is truly a great swapper!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Look at all the fun goodies!!!!Hugs Darcy