Saturday, November 15, 2008

Girly distractions

I fell through on the posting every day in November thing. But I'm ok with that. It was worth it. Thursday night I had two good friends over for dinner - an old roommate and a soon to be roommate. It was nice to sit back and relax with some good food, good wine, and some good girl talk. Then last night, another friend who's been looking out for me through all of my 'life changes' asked me to spend a little girly time with her as well. She reminded me how important it is to take a little time to take care of me again. I've been trying to get back in the saddle so much but not quite getting everything checked off my check list each day. It's tough keeping up with it all. We took a little time to treat ourselves. I got my eyebrows waxed (sorely needed) and picked up another Jodi book. Today is back to a checklist of things I want/need to get done.

day 13: busted
day 14: busted
day 15: check

2 comments:

Littlelou said...

Sorry you haven't managed NaBloPoMo quite as you'd hoped. It really is a challenge isn't it? I am struggling!!!! Thanks for your comment and great to read your blog and see some fab knitting! Keep blogging and I will keep reading xx
Lou

SissySees said...

Meh, I'm glad you're cutting yourself some slack. I rarely blog on weekends, although that will be the topic of my post later today...