I got a message in my email from Gypsyknits with this tag-along and thought it might be fun to post it along here so that anyone who would like to play along can.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends, here’s what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person tha t sent it to you......Tips the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? When I get back from visiting the family from Turkey Day, usually that Sunday.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's. And you better believe that the lights go on whenever I'm anywhere near it - gotta get your bang for your buck for all that work.
5. Do you like eggnog? you betcha
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage Patch Doll
7. Hardest people to buy for? generally the men in my life
8. Easiest person to buy for? mom is usually the first person on my list completed
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I'm not all that religious any more, but my nativity was given to me by my grandmother before she past away so I put it up every year in honor and memory of her.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a cd of old Christmas carols that I've never heard of, infact no one that I asked had ever heard of, and it was terribly produced
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It can be a whole year process but I try to get the bulk of it done before Turkey Day so that I can take a lot home with me then rather than during the hectic drive home for Christmas.
14 Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Who hasn't on occasion?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? rice pudding
16. Lights on the tree? How ever many I can get to actually get lit that year and usually we go with white these days.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Tough one.... hmmmm.... I'll be home for Christmas strikes a chord with me.... but the Charlie Brown sound track just can't be beat.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel home to mom and dad's.
19. Can you name all20of Santa's reindeer's? Sure can!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star with a cascading ribbon
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I have a big family so we end up having several Christmases. Eve is for mom's side of the family. Morning is for at the house with whoever is living there at the time. Day afternoon is for dad's side of the family. And we get together with my brother, sil, and little man whenever during the week that fits their schedule since they have many places to be as well.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? traffic
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? mittens
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? our traditional foods that I don't get any other time of year
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? health and happiness
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? whoever is looking for blog fodder
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? whoever is too busy knitting on Christmas gifts to respond or post on their blog