First up keeps me in the mind of my true black and gold heart, a special award from Miss Gracie donning her black and gold like a steel queen. (Not-so) Cynical Knitting Gal has given out these awards as a support to blogging and friendship. Check out her site for a big list of fellow bloggers who also received this thoughtful award. You can also get information as to where you can get your hands on the pattern for your very own Go Steelers! Lace Scarf designed by Cynical Knitter herself.
The other award I received this week came from my buddy Chan. I'm a little behind on this one, so if you're checking out her blog for it, you'll have to scroll down a little.
The official rules include:
1. Copy the award to your site - 2. Link to the person from whom you received the award - 3. Nominate 7 other bloggers - 4. Link to those on your blog - 5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.
I'm so honored that Chan thought of me when she nominated her bloggers. But I guess this means that I'll have to actually shout out about what I've been working on lately!
For the moment, here are my 7 nominations (btw, many of the blogs I read have already received this award or are in process of posting about it, but hopefully I can not only pay homage to a few of the greats that I read, but all call attention to some talent that you may not have been introduced to yet.
1. Let's first pay homage back to Chan herself for being an inspiration in several knitting projects. Her warm personality comes out in her blog just as much as it does in person. I'm so glad that we've had the chance to meet and share ideas as well as a warm shoulder to cry on.
2. Cynical Knitter should really be included in this listing. If not for being yet another member of the Steeler Nation, she's very creative in her design.
3. Artsy Math Teacher is a delightful woman I met in a swap a little whiles back. I've enjoyed watching her young crew grow up to be not so young anymore. I'm always amazed at what that woman can do living all the way out there in what appears (to a DC Metro girl) the middle of nowhere!
4. Java Gibber is another talented knitter that I enjoy popping in on. Click on over and scroll down to check out the sweet tooth her knitting has gotten her into! Talk about having your cake and knitting it too!
5. Anne. What can I say? How can I not pay tribute to a wonderful woman, talented knitter, excellent swap partner and author of Sunday Bloglines, introducing us to fabulously crafty knitters all over.
6. Little Loe's Knits & Nags has a mister over there that knits! Yes, ladies, you heard me right. Her man is now knitting along side her. Oh, the day dreaming and heart pitter-pattering... one day, one day.
7. Miss T's Mystery House Of Yarn & Horrors is great inspiration for both knitting and cooking. Check out how she and her knitting friends gathered for their 'SuperBowl'.
8. Reckless Glue knows that I adore her. She's completely charming in her retro throwback style and her knitting is always quite stellar.
9. Res Ipsa Knit With Her is another fabulous blogging creative gal that I had the pleasure of meeting through the SP12 I think. When I visit her blog I am always amazed by the creativity of her knits and the photos she takes. You can tell she really puts a lot of love into her projects!
10. One More Row. How often do you hear yourself saying that? If only my one more rows resulted in such beautiful pieces. And who wouldn't love knitting for those lovely little faces?
Well, that's 10 (even though some may be repeats from other nominations out there) and I know there are SO many more out there that I adore, but I hope that anyone who stops by here will take a few extra minutes to click on over and give all little wave and hello to these wonderfully talented and Kreativ bloggers!
I promise to post something soon to prove that I really am somewhat creative and have been knitting.