Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mommy, kiss it and make it better...

Going back to work has proved to be dangerous for my health as well as my knitting. Yesterday during our leadership academy I got a paper cut on the tip of my left index finger. And not just any paper cut. It was the kind that sits at an angle, and like if you don't pick at it and pull the flap of skin off it was bound to get caught on something later and really make an owie. It really didn't look like that big of a deal and I didn't think too much of it at the time.
Upon arriving home I picked up my Knit Picks Option needles and began to procrastinate from seaming up that lime green baby sweater and started on a quick birthday gift for my aunt. Her dinning room is all about the rooster and I found this cute Rodney the Rooster cloth pattern. I decided I might knit her up a few but I wasn't thrilled about the border. I loved the border from the Shamrock ones I made earlier this week so I swapped it into the pattern. I didn't realize how much my injury was going to effect my knitting (it doesn't seem to be bothered by typing thank goodness). Oh baby, those Option needles are sharp! And the injury seems to be strategically places to be the exact spot that I use with the tip of the needle. With every knit stitch the nerve ending was being jolted! OWIEEEEE! Between last night and this morning, this is how far I was able to get before giving in to the pain and giving up the needles.
Such a sad day in the neighborhood.... maybe I'll have to go shopping to cheer me up...

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

Love the cream with the purple!! :oD

Put a cute bandaind with lots of bright colors and anmie and I am sure it will be all better soon!! :oD