Saturday, December 1, 2007

Double take FO

I may be a day or two late, but I'm not a dollar short. I have two versions of Nichola's Fingerless Gloves to show for my hard work this week. The first pair is a pair for me. Some of the offices and rooms that I work in are quite chilly in the winter which makes it hard on the hands when you're typing up reports and responding to emails (and blogging). I liked the look of the twisty parts of this pattern. Here I sit now working those keys like a dream while keeping my hands and fingers toasty warm!And of course there's a hot cup of tea at my side. These are great for traction when picking up things! (The second photo is a better judge of the color.)The yarn for mine is a personal favorite, Classic Elite's Wool BamBoo. Love this stuff!!! So lovely to the touch. When I finished the first of the pair I contemplated wearing it to bed. At which Honey glared at me and insited that I take it off before pulling up the covers. But seriously, I could spend all day wrapped up in this yarn goodness.

For the second pair, I was contemplating what to get for my 14 yo god daughter. She's reached that age where it's just so hard to buy for. What's cool one minute is ancient history the next. But one thing is for sure, she's into black. Yes, she's one of those stereotypically freakish teenagers that is happier to look like the dead than the living. (I'm sorry if I offend anyone out there, it's just that this style is just not for me.) I know nothing about buying for this sort of taste. Last year her mother send me out to pick up band t-shirts from a store that out right scared me and I had to ask the sales person for help because I had no idea as to what I was looking for nor had ever heard of the bands. Call me a looser. So as my first glove began to take shape I began to picture it in black and kept thinking of gd. They just might be perfect for her. I adjusted the pattern just a bit to knock off with out the stubby fingers. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. The yarn I picked up on Black Friday (how appropriate) while I was out cruising crafty shops with mom. It's Stampato Extra in color #8010. I had never worked with this yarn before but loved how it knit up and will be on the look out for more. It's very toasty warm and wonderful. Could possibly sway me away from the Wool BamBoo. (Photos and props for gd's pair are brought to you by Ruttie B. from our SEK on Tuesday.)I have a good feeling that gd is going to love these!

Both sets were knit up using size 6 dpns. Because I tend to be a tighter knitter, I usually go up a size from the pattern. Both were a fairly quick knit, which is good cuz I've been very busy the past few weeks. I bet if I really tried I could have gotten each glove finished in one evening if I had the whole evening to myself and could sit and knit away.

4 comments:

Blanche Knits in DC said...

I can't wait to see you tonight! I've got my hair cut and a cool yarn project :o) See you tonight!

Virtuous said...

They look GREAT!! Love the twist on them too! Indeed they are just perfect for you in work. I really like the short finger ones!

Your god daughter will love the black ones!
LOL @ props & model brought to you by....Haha! :oD

Great job Wendy fingerless gloves are the best quickie projects!

SissySees said...

Okay, okay... THAT pattern and your results have me itching to try a pair! Hopefully, the lace will be finished today after all, and I can move on to new projects.

Those are incredible, and I'm sure your gd will love 'em!

Bianca said...

These are looking great! I downloaded the pattern and I am sure they will find a good home here too. I admire your colours!