I know I've already posted that I'm setting reachable monthly goals for myself this year, but the Sock It To Me Twice swap is asking that we post 5 goals for the year 2008. While I'm leery about committing to yearly goals, the following are the overarching ideas that my monthly goals stem from.
1. To become healthier. Two summers ago I joined Weight Watchers because I feared that my weight might get out of control. Not that I really consider myself to be largely overweight at the moment, but I don't want to take that long slide downhill towards it. My family is a large one with several health issues run through its jeans. Dad having a quadruple bi-pass at 49 is just one example. I'm already at risk for health issues I can't control, why should I give my body another reason to fail me?
2. To knit. There are so many projects out there RIGHT NOW that I'd love to shake a needle at. And I'm sure the coming year will bring with it a ton more. I'm happy when I'm knitting and who doesn't want to be happy?
3. To finish projects. I've got a few unfinished items just begging for some attention. I don't want to become one of those knitters who have abandoned projects from 10 years ago (sorry if I just offended anyone as I'm sure I did), but I just don't want that to be me. I have enough of that in my life as it is.
4. To blog. I've caught the bug but am still fearful that I'll lose it. Almost did for just a moment there. I'm learning a lot hanging out here in blog land and have met some great people. Can't wait to see what '08 brings!
5. To be a better person. I'm always looking for ways I can improve myself. I regard myself as a life long learner and there is sooooooo much out there still to learn.
Now, off to start on my partner's socks!