Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Swapping Questions Post week 3

Well now that Summer has OFFICIALLY begun.. what do you do to beat the heat? A nice tall glass of lemonade? Frozen Coffee? A dip in the pool? What's your favorite way to keep cool this summer as things heat up?

There are lots of good ways to beat the heat in the summer around here. Lots of fluids always helps, whether it be ice cold water, lemonade, iced tea, or an iced coffee. On the hottest days I find that I have a hard time wanting to leave the house and will often spend the day lounging on the couch watching movies or TNT Primetime in the Daytime. A nice walk to the local ice cream shop might also be in order in the evening.



What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?

I'm not really sure what the perfect amount of stash is. While I like having yarn on hand for a spur of the moment cast on, I enjoy the hunt for yarn for a new project too. And while I enjoy splurging on yarn I also feel a little guilty about the current unused yarn that I do have. None of this will of course keep me from continuing to build upon my stash when I see yarns that I love. But I think mostly my stash consists of sock yarns because I don't really have to have a particular pattern in mind when I purchase it. I just know that about 400 yard of beautifully spun colors will one day make a pair of toasty socks for my tootsies. I have a hard time stashing up on other yarns when I don't know what I'll want to do with it and how much I'll need.

1 comment:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh the stash guilt. My sock yarn stash is the one that is a bit hard to control lately (whoever said sock yarn doesn't count, well, was wrong I think). I love the picking out for a project yarn too!