Saturday, June 28, 2008

Inspiration....


I came across this notebook the other day and realized that it makes a statement that my heart has been trying for. Some of my friends have told me in the past that I'm just too nice to people. That I'm too giving without getting much or anything in return. Isn't that what most women do? I guess that I'm just hoping that if I put out enough kindness that someone will find that they can love me. I was wrong with Honey. And now my skin is a little thicker and my heart still a little scared. But I still have hope for love. Right now I'm working on getting back to scattering that kindness because it makes me happy. And what better way to get back on the wagon than to make yourself happy. But this time I'm going to make sure that I include myself in the group of that I scatter that kindness to. I want to be nicer to myself as I'm reinventing who I am without Honey.

In an act to scatter kindness I sent out three packages last week. One to Ann's subliminal healing project (with hats that Sarah mostly knit but whatever). One to my KCiSDE pal. And one to my SP12 pal. I hope that they all enjoy the kindness (and love) that went into each package. It certainly felt good to put them together. I felt like a piece of me was rejuvenated with each item I chose to include.

Already some kindness and love has come back my way. The other day I received a package from my SP12 pal. She sent a great little package with some very cheerful items. Tofutsies in a bright cheery limited edition colorway. A fabulous book about strength, friendship, and knitting that I've already started reading. Some Soak to make the Tofutsies smell fresher. And a spring notepad that symbolizes for me the growth and new beginnings I'm going through. Thank you secret pal! Your package hit the spot!

5 comments:

Grace said...

I so very much believe in Scatterning Kindness, it comes back to you 10=fold, the secret is that it comes when you least expect it and when you need it most, it just doesn't come tit for tat. Once I accepted that giving got all the sweeter!! Because you never know (like a certain Tevana GC I never expected in 1,000,000,000 years) Hugs to you my friend

gypsyknits said...

Many hugs to you. I too, have a ton of friends who tell me I'm "too nice." But it is good to be kind and it does come back when you least expect it.
Hang in there, friend. Love is out there and it just has to find you. It will find you when you're ready.

SissySees said...

Stick with it, hon. There are books and movies based on what used to be rather commonplace kindness. Besides, for all the crabby witches like me, there needs to be more niceness to in the world!

Rachel said...

Such perfect timing with this post. I've had some very similar feelings lately...especially relative to friendships that have hit a rocky spot. I guess I needed to realize that I like to give...it makes me feel good and while I would hope that it comes back in some form or another...that's not why I do it. I'm glad that you are continuing to give despite past experiences and it is giving you some peace!

Anonymous said...

I love that yarn yummy and I have the book and it is awesome read:)
Iam sending off your keep'in cool in summer dishcloth swap package today:)Hugs Your Swap Pal