Thursday, February 14, 2008

SITMT V-Day post

Ok. So I've been down and out lately. I can't say that things are any better around here, but maybe I'm just getting used to it. I'm not crying nearly as much as I was this time last week. But today marks a very crappy day - 1 week since my world fell apart and V-Day to boot! How ironic. I guess the only thing that could be worse would be the crash down happening today. That would truely suck.

In an effort to start picking things up around here again, this post is for the SITMT swap.

Contest 1: All About Love
Simple enough post - You will post, on your blog, about a memorable Valentine's day you've had. Could be from when you were a child or now. (5 points) Extra points if you post pictures of anything in red, pink and white, for Valentine's Day. (an extra 5 points) Posts must be made by February 14th.

I don't remember a particularly great V-Day, but I will say that Dad has always been a wonderful thought today. Usually it was mom doing the shopping and picking things up for the kids, or at least a group effort between mom and dad. But Dad always made a special effort on V-Day to pick up some sort of goodie on his way home from work to bring home to us. Some years we got delicious chocolates, sometimes those yummy juju hearts that I could eat a sack full of. Since moving away, I think Dad has called on V-Day just to let me know he's thinking about me. I will hold on to this thought today as I anticipate his call.

I hope all of you wonderful blogging knitters out there receive some sort of lovely gesture to let them you how wonderful they are and that you are loved.

7 comments:

Cass said...

Thinking of you Wendy.
Chocolate and Vodka. Strength!
XOXO

Blanche Knits in DC said...

Wendy-- I am thinking of you today! And I love you. Just remember that today!! :) Hope you do have a great day and I will see you tonight for a speical valentine's day celebration! Oh yeah.. and Chocolate and Vodka like Cass said.. I'll bring the vokda, Duh!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, girls!? Chocolatini anyone?! Chocolate and vodka are even better when blended! I'm sure there's a NOVA bar that does a mean one...

And Wendy, you know I love you! Wrap up in that shawl and feel all of the good vibes Mugsy, Sissy and I wove into it.

Virtuous said...

Glad you are getting a lil bit stronger here and there with each passing day.

May the remainder of your days be overflowing with love!!

Grace said...

Cass always comes through with the best suggestions, you have been on my mind!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you yesterday and I have a little pressie for you when I see you next.

Donna said...

Wendy, I have not been posting for awhile-I am sorry that you are so unhappy-I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I wasn't blogging because my daughter had a very bad breakup with boyfriend and she came home to stay for a few weeks. It is such a painful experience- take care of yourself.